Sunday 3 March 2013

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Contract Brewing

I picked this up on one of the Pro brewing forums. This is one of the best responses I've seen to date on the topic of Contract Brewing. It pretty much sums up my thoughts on Contract Brewing. (NOTE: The names in the extract below were changed) QUESTION: I am curious if you ever looked at the option of Contract Brewing...? REPLY: John, Contract brewing is a very viable option for many startup operations. I can think of a couple that I respect greatly that started that way. I decided to steer our brewery down a different path for many small reasons and one big one. Things like lack of contract brewing capacity, different state laws and %ABV restrictions, low margin or it loses money, and not learning anything about brewing operations and the complete business model (from grain to keg to distributor) were all factors. But I decided not to pursue contract brewing for one primary reason: No one else will brew or care for my beer like I do. Cheers, Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment